We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

hello guys can u pls help me plan an itinerary in davao for 3 days and 2 nights? our sched is quite tight so at least i want to maximize our time there. this will be our first trip to davao.

I want to visit the eden garden then side trips to the phil eagle, croc farm and other gardens with in the area.... how many kms/hour is eden from the airport? we are arriving in davao at 630am.. can we proceed to eden? what mode of transpo can we use from the airport?

then we want to spend our 1st night from any cheap but great lodge inn or small hotel within the city proper..what can u recommend?

then our last night to a beach resort in samal island...

can we visit all these places in that preferred sched? pls help me out in planning.. thanks a lot

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

Try Drifter's for your first night stay. Around 1500 pesos or less. They have transport available from airport and can help you with transport questionjs/costs to Eden.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

i replied a lengthy message to your private message...so i hope that helped.

i have been hearing a lot about drifters, but haven't been there nor seen it...so i can't say much about that...

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

by the way, if you are the adventurous type, i suggest you do the white water rafting. it's totally a differnet kind of experience. starts at 830am from the meeting area at crocodile farm, and ends at around 3pm then back to crocodile farm. this way you can also get to visit the croc farm on your other day instead of squeezing everything all in your day 1.

this of course will have to mean that you can't have your day at the beach.

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

well if it's only me then I will definitely try the river rafting... but there are 4 girls with me that will surely not of that kind of adventure hehehe.... they planned the davao visit for the samal beaches and probably pearl farm tour...

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

i just checked out with my friend about bluejaz resort. she says it's okay, and since it's relatively new, place is clean and staff are all helpful. compared to paradise resort, it has a smaller beach area. it also has a good pool.

food is a bit expensive and also just okay.

if u want pearl farm resort, this is of course on the high side. day tour should be about 1500/pax (thereabouts). food, as i recall, is just also okay but this is already part of the package, so u have no choice. cross to malipano island which is i find more beautiful than the main pearl farm resort.

Davao City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

hi owen!

you can go staight to eden from the airport, it takes less than an hour via diversion road. Have breakfast at the resort restaurant after that a quick tour on the resort premises.Then heed for Calinan where Philippine eagle is located and on your way back, drop by Malagos Gardens probably here you can have late lunch. Before going back to your hotel you can visit crocodile park. This is really tight because you will be traveling from one resort to the next destination. Make sure you have hotel booking while still in your point of origin so that you will not waste precious time looking for accommodation at night.The next whole day is is for your samal island gimmick.

hope this help.Have fun!

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

Yaiks.. 3 days in Davao is really such a short stay.

You won't be able to go to all the places here.. but there's always a next time.

But for now, lets see if this itinerary i have for you will fit in.

I hope you could also say what day you will be flying in and out and your time of departure.

Anyway here's a suggestion:

Day 1: 6:30 am

> From the airport you want to go Eden.

option 1: choose a car rental from those lined up at the airport doors. (i think this will be a per person charging)

option 2: Hail a cab and ask how much a whole day rental would cost. Give a price between 2,000 to 2,500 pesos.

You will also pass by Lolengs Mountain Spring resort. A nice place to stay overnight. =>

Eden is near Malagos and Davao Eagle Park. near compared to when your coming from the city proper.

Or just go back to the city after Eden. wink wink

When you go back to the city, i suggest you check-in on your hotel.

ummm you still don't have one yet huh? Cheap one? Ummm.. Sychar garden hotel. Cheap and... well.. nice.. avail of their free breakfast. => It's also near 2 malls, victoria plaza and Gaisano

go out of the hotel, take a non-airconditioned cab and go to People's park.

Have dinner at Jack's ridge. Just take a cab and you'll get there.

After that, go back to the hotel and take a much needed rest.

DAY 2:

I suggest you visit the Davao Museum and the City hall grounds. For me, its a must to visit these places whenever i visit a new place.

Then Crocodile Park + Butterfly House + Tribu K' Mindanawon then have lunch at River Grill.. they're all in one location so you won't have a hard time going from one place to another.

What time do you want to go to the beach? Boats leave at 7:00 am and 1:30 pm going to samal island.

Go to Paradise beach resort for your overnight stay. There are other resorts out there but this is where first time visitors usually go to. You can also opt to go to talikud island.. but i haven't experienced an overnight stay there yet.

Day 3:

Out of the beach, go to Aldevinco for your pasalubong needs. Pearls, Shirts, native goodies.

Then go to SM Davao and buy Lola Abon's candy products. I recommend this one because it is the best that i've tasted! Bit pricey than other products. But worth the price!

If you're buying fruits, like pomelo, you can try your luck beside aldevinco. A lot of pomelo stalls there.

Remember, always ask for a discount and choose pomelos that are heavy.. that means they're juicier!

If you still have questions, just send me a private message.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Loleng's Mountain Spring Resort
Loleng's Mountain Spring...
19 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
People's Park
People's Park
433 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
Jack's Ridge
Jack's Ridge
597 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
Crocodile Park
Crocodile Park
581 Reviews
Mindanao, Philippines
Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

wow this is really great and I think I will be really having fun in Davao. thanks for your suggestions

9. Re: 3d/2N davao itinerary -- HELP pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:46 am, October 08, 2009