We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

hi, was looking for a weekend getaway and eyeing Caba or Aringay in La union. and hoping there will be cheap accomodation for 2 nites stay , 1 pax. Was looking in a map Villa Navarro resort. had somebody already stayed in the resort, their info will be very appreciated.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,007 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

Never stayed at Villa Navarro but I assure you there are several accommodation options (resorts and inns) at Aringay and you don't need to book in advance so just look around and book whatever strike your interest.

I can't say the same thing about Caba but since Villa Navarro Resort is located there then I can assume there are several resorts/inns in that town.

Edited: 1:53 pm, November 04, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

thanks so much ! will post my trip review after getting from my destination..

heading off to LU on the 13th...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,007 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

You're welcome. Have fun in La Union!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
1,984 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

To facilitate quick reviewing by our above intrepid TA member, I have just asked TA staff to list Villa Navarra, Caba, La Union on the TA accommodation database.

I find that although geographically closer to Manila at a claimed 247km from the capital, establishments such as this have often not been reviewed on TA because they do not attract the attention of holidaymakers in the same way as what foreigners and Filipinos to be true 'island resorts or hotels' in places like Alona Beach, Panglao Island and Boracay that may be further away.

One of the key reasons must be that with an average speed by road of about 30 kmh (or not much more), tourists who can afford it prefer to jump on a Cebu Pacific, AirPhilExpress or Philippine Airlines plane and travel a minimal distance by land to get to their holiday accommodation.

Still, presumably some must patronise this Caba facility which from its website looks OK and appears to have a pool.

It is great that more Filipinos are contributing to TA and even better that they are spreading their patronage to many corners of the archpelago.

Edited: 9:05 pm, November 06, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
1,984 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

With further research I discovered that TA has yet to list some other establishments that are beachside in La Union, including Normi's Beachside Resort and El Caseron Beach Resort among others, so I have asked TA to also list these.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,007 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

I can't help to notice that many "would be" visitors to the Philippines even want to avoid Manila and would like to fly south as soon as they arrive in the country.

Edited: 12:10 pm, November 07, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

just noticed recently that villa navarro resort is already on the list of property for La Union. this is great , will be in la union hopefully before the day ends (heading right after work : ) and will submit a review for the property after gettiing back.

thanks victorianlad

8. Re: Caba or Aringay...La Union ..place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about San Fernando La Union