We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

Gilbert, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

Subject: Sea Residence Luxury Suite across Mall of Asia

Booked this unit on Febuary 26, 2014 for my family's long time planned vacation. Paid on the same day that it was booked and agreed with the owner's rules and regulations. Here comes May 6, 2014 a month before our planned travel and the owner cancelled the booking because she said it was OVERLOOKED for double booking. It took her 3 MONTHS to realize that mistake and left me with no unit for my family. No recommendations or what so ever. She just said "unfortunately". I wonder if anyone knows how renting of units in the Philippines supposed to be. Is it really this unprofessional and unreliable?

11 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

My experience so far has been good and the one you had experience is obviously a lousy one.

May I know have you found a alternate unit? There are many units available for short term rental in Manila so you do not need to worry.

Pampanga Province...
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

What's the problem? You have a month to find something suitable.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,147 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

oceanranger, they booked it months ago and planned with a family...thats the issue. I guess you dont have kids

Sheen, is that place listed on a website etc, where you can review it?

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

hello ,if you are looking place to rent ,try to contact greenetravel_tours@yahoo.com -this unit maybe available for rent https://www.roomorama.com/rooms/36854

Pampanga Province...
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

Leftovers, I don't see kids mentioned anywhere. It's the first post from Sheene20 and it's a rant.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,147 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

family....

Pampanga Province...
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles brother in law, sister in law ......................kids??????

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,147 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

OP GOOD luck in finding your new place Dont bother with ranters Try sulit.com as well for listings.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

@Sheena20...So sorry to hear about what happened. I'm just wondering how you ended up booking the apartment? I mean, did you book it through a site or was referred to the owner? I would suggest booking through some some rental sites i.e. airbnb, ibilik, alcoves or roomarama as mentioned above. These rental sites usually provide reviews of user feedback so you can check on the owner's reputation.

10. Re: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, June 08, 2014

Reply to: Cancellation my condo unit rent without proper notice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted