We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,924 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Topic
Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns.The 5 star crazy rate still isnt available at this stage but the 4 star serviced apartment is now available.

By matching the photo the place is the Somerset Millennium a place I have previously stayed. Its in a nice quiet location and 5 minutes walk from Greenbelt 1. Laundries, massages and convenience stores are located close by. At 3262 Php per night + taxes its great value.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Yes I agree by matching the photos, it is Somerset Millenium which is in a fantastic location.

The best thing is the price. The 'Crazy Rate' is not available every day (at least in the next few days: it may be available daily further out) but when it is, the 'Studio' (which I assume is the same as 'Studio Executive' shown on the www.asiatravel.com 'fully priced' listing, is P3999 including tax and charges compared to P6138 as the normal price.

Both rates include breakfast so the P3999 'Crazy Rates' price (including taxes, charges and breakfast) is about a 35 per cent discount. Amazing - in the reliable www.asiatravel.com tradition.

Great value:

book.asiatravel.com/hotel.aspx…

Edited: 2:16 am, March 29, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

I hope the 5-star Crazy Rate for Makati would be still the New World.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

From what I can gather, New World Hotel, Makati did not renew its contract with www.asiatravel.com for a mystery hotel 'Makati 5-star Crazy Rate'. This probably means that occupancy levels have increased: there was no great need to fill empty rooms at a cheaper rate.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,924 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

I just noticed that the Makati 4 Star "Crazy Rate" Serviced Apartment(which is the Somerset Milennium) is only available on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,329 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Sommerset is in a great location and for those who want to buy cheap DVDS, the Makati Cinema square is 9 minutes away walk.

Just for info, and I have been challlenged on this before, but there are units at Sommerset that are privately owned that are NOT under contract with the hotel that costs less. With that said, I would not bother with them as you have to deal with agents etc. etc. though. Also in that area on same street you can find daily rentals of condos for P2500.

Next to Sommerset is a nice Japanes massage place, cant miss it, but the name slips my mind.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,924 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Unfortunately the 4 Star Makati Crazy Rate Apartment Hotel doesnt seem currently available. It was previously the Somerset Millenium a hotel I used for a few days last stay.Such a shame.

Also the 5 star Crazy Rates Manila Hotel which was the Manila Hotel is still not available.

I can recommend the current 5 Star Crazy Rate Manila Boutique Hotel which was the Midas Hotel and offers great value.

The only ones currently left (incl 5 Star Crazy Rate Manila Boutique Hotel ) are the Crazy rate Makati Budget Hotel and Crazy Rate Eastwood and Quezon City.

asiatravel.net/en-us/…rws.html

Tommo

Edited: 8:29 pm, February 16, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

The lower number of 'Crazy Rate' hotels available in Metro Manila may mean either that hotels are filling up nicely and therefore do not have any need to discount and pay commission to a third party hotel booking site such as www.asiatravel.com , or alternatively it could simply be that asiatravel's rates it offered to various hotels were not adjudged good enough.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,924 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

Hopefully it will continue in the future or I hope that they may find some new "partners."

Tommo

9. Re: Makati Asia Travel Crazy Rate returns!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 19, 2015