We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasig River Ferry Rides Again!

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Pasig River Ferry Rides Again!

Starting June 1, the ferryboats would operate from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, one hour shorter than the current 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. schedule.

However, the lunch break period (the hours when the ferryboats stop operating) will be shortened to between noon and 2 p.m. from the present 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Passengers are charged a fare of P50 each for a single journey from the Pinagbuhatan to the Guadalupe station in Makati City or vice versa; P50 for a single trip from Guadalupe to any of the three stations in Manila —PUP in Sta. Mesa, Escolta or Plaza Mexico—and P30 for a one-way trip from PUP to Escolta or from Escolta to Plaza Mexico and vice versa.

Two more stations (Sta. Ana in Manila and San Joaquin in Pasig City) are expected to open next month.

The MMDA said that discussions were ongoing to reduce the fare rates.

In the meantime, loyal passengers would be given a 20-percent discount if they purchase in advance at least 10 tickets starting on June 2.

This is in addition to the 20-percent discount given to Filipino senior citizens, students and persons with disabilities.

Read more: …inquirer.net/605340/…ixzz32lzGaEnY

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pasig River Ferry Rides Again!

This is great news! I had heard about the ferries but as I only starting living in Manila last year, I learned that they weren't running anymore, which made no sense.

The loyal passenger discount is nice but yes, a reduced rate would be even better.

The horrible smell reported in the article is the biggest problem at the moment. What they really need is more stops, and enclosed, air-conditioned boats, with Wi-Fi (yeah I am dreaming).

Something like the CityCat in Brisbane, Australia would be awesome: …qld.gov.au/traffic-transport/public-transpo…

Would be even nicer if they accepted MRT/LRT cards, but seeming they can't even agree one a unified card for those two metro systems, good luck with that!

So in my pocket I will now have a MRT card, LRT card, Ferry card and Green Frog bus card.

What would be perfect for me would be a stop located at the Makati-Mandalyong bridge, close to Century City.

To be able to hop on in that location and take a ferry all the way to Ermita, Binondo or Intramuros would be great. Of course, they need to also extend the hours. No silly lunch breaks, and the ferries should travel all night, until at least 9pm because that is how long the peak hour traffic is bad every day.

So many problems..... that will take years to be solved.....

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
2. Re: Pasig River Ferry Rides Again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 08, 2015