We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

service sucks in Canyon Cove resort.

Which Batangas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Q.C
1 post
Save Topic
service sucks in Canyon Cove resort.

I would have had a good vacation had it not been for the bad service more particularly on the food service of this resort.

Friday morning, we arrived at the resort at about 11am. We were delighted to hear that our rooms were already availbale for us check in. Tired of the long travel we had from Manila all the way to Canyon Cove we had a couple of minutes rest while the others went to the restaurant to check on the food. At this resort, you are not allowed to bring in food and beverages except for popcorn and water. our companions were lead to the restaurant down stairs which serves buffet and single served meals. The very first negative experience we had was that only customers who were to eat buffet were allowed to eat inside the airconditioned room. We fought our way to get isnide, because each order of food costs between 250 to 300 pesos and yet we can only stay outside. This is unfair to the customers and to others who are paying their rooms which is quite expensive and as well as the food which costs a lot and is served so little. Ok we let this experience pass.

During dinner time, we decided to eat outside where there were inihaws and the price also ranges from 200 to 300 pesos. Imagine a piece of inihaw na hotdog cost about 200 with rice and a small amount of food? But that is not the end of it, we made researvations for the liempo's which really looked like large slab of meat. This excited us as finally we were about to get our money's worth of food. So we went up to get dried out from swimming. We went down stairs only to find out the the food we ordered were placed in styro foams and the pieces of meat we ordered became so tiny. Not even half of the slab of meat we reserved. Imagine ordering 8 slabs of meat and paying for all of them then when it was served it looked like it was reduced to 3 slabs. FOR 280 PESOS EACH. I mean come on. In the first place we never told them that we were to have those orders for to go. we even reserved seats!!!! we were so damn pissed of at the service. I do not want to point fingers on anybody but i felt like we were sydicated that night.

The following morning there were a few stabs that were distribited for free breakfast. And i think this is the worse one can experience in a classy resort. The food on the serving trays were already consumed and so our companions asked for more since it was i think a buffet type of breakfast and they havein't eaten anything yet. The buffet is up to 930 and and they were there at 830am. They were told that before the waiters could bring out the food, they needed to pay for 100 pesos per person for the food to be served? is this a syndicate or what???? Giving free breakfast but before food is served out, you need to pay extra 100 pesos???? what is that????

This is a great place to stay in if you are talking about the place itself and the rooms. But when you talk about service, this is the worse place anyone can go to....

I wuld also like to commend one of your staff at the reception area for being so nice. I think her name was miss may. I am not sure but i will get my facts straight as she is only the one who deserves to be commended. it broke my heart when i found out that they had to take off your salary the difference of the amount from the first price of the reservation to the next price. this is really not your fault. this is the fault of the first person we talked to. As much as i would like to give you the 3000 pesos the was shed of your salary, i could not do so.

To the management...ivestigate these things and as well as the first person we talked to as she is supposed to be the one to pay for the difference and not ms may.

if ever i go back to this place in the future, i will make sure to bring my own food if the service is this bad......

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: service sucks in Canyon Cove resort.

Ludwig

It is appropriate to place reviews in the 'reviews' section.

Go to 'write a review' and submit it.

This ensures that the place receives a ranking in terms of popularity.

2. Re: service sucks in Canyon Cove resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:44 am, November 04, 2009