We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penagbenga Festival!

Malolos, Philippines
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Penagbenga Festival!

Yeaah!

We're visiting Baguio to witness the flower festival this February.

I don't really have a question, I'm just sharing it because I'm excited. Haha.

Anyone else going? :)

BenCab Museum
Specialty Museums
Good Shepherd Convent
Sacred & Religious Sites
Burnham Park
Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Philippine Military Academy
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

I'm also interested, I'm from Apalit, Pampanga, when will you be going and how many are you?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

I posted this for the benefit of those going by car to Baguio for the Panagbenga Festival (couldn't find updates regarding the road conditions up north)

I just returned from an overnight stay at Baguio Jan19-20, 2014. It took me 5.5 hrs to go there, and 7.5 hrs back to Manila, breaks of 15mins included. Please note the following sections where there are road constructions:

Moncada to Carmen: two stretches along this route, near the town of Moncada. Traffic flow is one lane each for the northbound vehicles and southbound vehicles, which is reasonable.

Near Pozorrubio, Baguio bound: stretch here is on a one way basis. One has to wait while the opposite traffic moves.

Sison: there are at least four stretches starting from the southern part of Sison up till a few meters before Bued Bridge. Traffic here is also on a one-way basis. It took us a full half hour to traverse this stretch (around 8kms.) at around 7pm of Jan19, while the southbound traffic stretched up to 2 kms long from the last road construction. What is appalling is the utter lack of road discipline among some drivers, who resorted to counterflow in a bid to get ahead. There are at least 20 such cars, Honda Civic, Strada, Urvan, mostly late models.

Malolos, Philippines
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

Thanks Ed!

@Ace,

We're just a group of 4 friends.

I am expecting there would be A LOT of people there, but still, I think we'd be able to enjoy the festival.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

There will be a lot of people during the float parade, that's for sure! If you want to have a good spot, I suggest you choose the spot near the post office(the high ground) , you'll have the full view of the floats and almost all performers dance when they reach that area. The parade usually takes place on weekends, a lot of people will be there. If you want to be in that area, I suggest you be there at around 5:30 in the morning, you can bring your breakfast and just eat it there. the parade will usually end at around 10-11 am, depending on the delay. Secure your belongings! After the float parade, they will eventually close the session road in preparation for the session in bloom. Stalls will be completed the next day, usually. BUt, just a tip, if you're in to shawarma.. the best shawarmas offered in session road will usually be available during the first two hours of session bloom..! They always make it special during the first few hours to attract buyers. By the way, if you want to take a picture of the floats, head to the athletic bowl

Edited: 5:08 pm, January 27, 2014
Malolos, Philippines
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

Thanks Rach!

I'm very much into shawarma. I'd be sure to get one.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,101 posts
1,961 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

Here is a calender of events for those excited people:

rappler.com/life-and-style/travel/47246-pana…

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

It's in the news for the past several days that the growth of flowers were affected by the colder than the usual weather. I hope the floats will be as colorful as ever.

8. Re: Penagbenga Festival!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, January 31, 2015