We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How will we spend two days & two nights?

Which Baguio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How will we spend two days & two nights?

Please help me set up my Baguio trip on the 24-26th of Dec.

Here are the places I'd like to visit:

1. Asin Hot Springs, Camp John Hay, Lourdes grotto, The strawberry farm, Ukay Ukay, PMA, Mines View Park, The Mansion House, Kennon Road, Nevada Square.

2. Cafe By the Ruins, Forest House, O Mai Khan

How will I go with it? Would it be advisable to hire a city tour service/cab? How much?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,847 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Hire a car, taxi or jeepney to have a full-day tour of Baguio. Many would visit Baguio during that time and for sure you will compete for a taxi with the local tourists. Sorry I don't know the rates as I haven't used their services but your hotel could help you with that. There will be also a number of people at the bus terminal that will offer you tour services, you could bargain with them if you want. Just remember to pay at the end of the day and not at the start or during your tour. Maybe the driver will ask some to refuel and that is normal.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

1. Asin Hot Springs

-- You need to take a cab for these spot you wanna visit. Get ready to sport your newest pair of bathhouse-like swimwear though.

Camp John Hay

-- Cab. About PhP50 from Session Road. Try the holiday coffee flavors of Starbucks while you're there. ;-)

Lourdes grotto

-- Cab. About PhP50 too. Make sure you're on your flats or flipflops when you visit this.

The strawberry farm

-- Cab/ Trinidad Jeep. You'll only pretty much appreciate when the sun's shining though.

Ukay Ukay.

-- The 'selected' ones are already located on upper session road. the less expensive ones are scattered all around the city. Aside from your good sense of style, you also have to have patience with you. and I'm not kidding.

PMA

-- There's a jeepney station going there. It's located near the Rizal Park part of Burnham Park. Ask around, you'll be surprised how the polite and helpful the locals are.

Mines View Park, The Mansion House,

-- Cab/Jeepney. Station's located besides McDonald's Session Road. These is where most tourists buy their souvenirs. Dont forget the Peaunut Brittle from Pink Sisters. :)

On your way back, get off on The Mansion House, take photos, and walk down to Wright Park, take photos, ride a pony or a steed if you like, then walk a few meters down and you can check out The Botanical Garden. And You can take teh jeepney or cab from there to downtown.

Kennon Road

-- Ugh. Just be contented with postcards. This spot is only built for travelers who bring rides.

Nevada Square.

-- Check this place weekend. Have a jacket with you at all times though. :)

2. Cafe By the Ruins, Forest House, O Mai Khan

-- Cafe by the Ruins after Lourdes Grotto. Lunch at O Mai Khan, and afternoon coffee at Forrest House. :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Thank you sooo much ;-)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,847 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

You're welcome.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,664 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

This list here on T/A of things to do is a good start:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298445-Activiti…

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Thanks Tommo. I've already checked that link.:) I'm just checking how will I go from one to the other.

muntinlupa
Level Contributor
71 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Asin Hot springs is located some 15 km down from Baguio City. It is similar to Los Banos.There about 2 or 3 resorts there with accomodations. They have swimming pools and private hot bath. It might eat up a lot of your time, Imho, I'd put this least of my priorities.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Is that so Blazt:? Thank you for the information. From the city center, how long would it take to get to the hot springs? I've read two of resorts in there, do you have an idea how much it costs there a night?

muntinlupa
Level Contributor
71 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

It is around 30 minutes drive from the city to Asin. But the return trip may take 45 min to an hour because of the traffic along Naguilian road. We tried the newer but more pricey Palm Grove resort than the Riverview. I think the room rates were 2 to 2.5T. Though we just rented their private room bath for a couple of hours and had merienda.

If I may add, Asin is already part of Tuba , Benguet and no longer cool like Baguio, specially in midday.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How will we spend two days & two nights?

Right. Those are the two. I'll put the hot springs at the end of our trip itinerary.:)