We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manila - baguio - vigan

china
10 posts
Save Topic
manila - baguio - vigan

Hi! friends and i are planning a vacation in the philippines in June or July in Baguio to Vigan. Few questions:

1. We will come from manila going to vigan and baguio or whichever comes first. Is it possible?

2. Are three days enough for us? vigan - calle crisologo, baluarte, and the cathedral; baguio - burnham, and other places. Any suggestions for places that we should not miss when we go there?

3.Can I have atleast clear view on how are we going to travel. We will just commute. (Bus, and other means of transportation)

4. Any suggestion for our itinerary? Please note that we are backpackers.

5. Any suggestions for cheap accommodations on those two places?

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

BenCab Museum
Specialty Museums
Good Shepherd Convent
Sacred & Religious Sites
Burnham Park
Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Philippine Military Academy
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
291 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

1. It is possible. You can either go Manila-Baguio-Vigan or Manila-Vigan-Baguio and there'll be not much of a problem.

2. 3 days is not enough. Travel time from Manila to Baguio is 5-7 hours. Manila to Vigan is 8-9 hours. Baguio to Vigan is 5-6 hours. Do you plan on going to Vigan only and not the whole Ilocos?

3. There are buses from the said routes. You can also hire a jeepney/tricycle in Vigan to drive you to different attractions. In Baguio, you can hire a taxi driver to go to different places.

china
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I just figured it out that why not make it a luzon trip. Not really literally but will make the best out of it. Maybe you would like to help me for some modifications.

Day 1: 4:00am (Manila - Baguio)

11:00am - Arrival to Baguio/Lunch

12:00pm - Check - in

1:00 - 5:00 pm - Camp John Hay, St. Lourdes Grotto, PMA

6:00pm - Dinner

7:00pm - Tour around the place/Night out

Day 2: AM - Burnham Park

Lunch

PM - Mine's View

Dinner

Night - Tour around

Day 3: AM - Wright Park

Lunch

1:00 - 5:00pm - Travel from Baguio to Vigan

6:00 pm - Check - in

7:00 pm - Dinner/Tour around the place

Day 4: AM - Calle Crisologo, St. Paul Cathedral

Lunch

PM - Baluarte

5:00 - 6:30 - Travel from Vigan to Laoag

7:00 - Check - in/Dinner/Tour around the place

Day 5: AM - Marcos Museum, Secret Gateway

Lunch

PM - Fort Ilocandia, Paoay Church, Pasalubong

Night - Dinner, Airport (Laoag to Manila)

Is it posible? I dont really have an idea how close each place is to each other. We dont intend to stay that long really for we have a limited stay in the Philippines. Revisions, suggestions and comments is highly appreciated. BTW, any suggestions for cheap accommodations in each place? Thanks!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
291 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

You can squeeze Days 2 & 3. You can leave earlier for Vigan.

Day 4: Add more travel time from Baguio to Vigan

You can tour Ilocos for 2 days. I really don't know how to commute to different places in Ilocos since when I went there, we rented a van. The van driver can also serve as your tour guide. We paid the driver 10,000 pesos for our 3 days in Ilocos (ilocos tour + a day in Pagudpud beach).

Hotels in Vigan and Baguio are really cheap. You can view the hotels here in Tripadvisor.

You can copy the IT of this group in Ilocos

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

I could only suggest regarding cheap accomodations in Baguio since I frequently visit the place, for cheap accomodations but I really dont know how do you define cheap, and what kind of accomodation do you prefer, there are lots of accomodation in Baguio to choose from depending on your taste the cheapest I have been is in Hotel 45 its 565 or I think 600 pesos a day but dont expect much regarding the place for that place but since you mentioned you are backpackers I think it will be ok as an alternative, just a reminder there 2 Hotel 45 ,1 is in the main session road meaning you are almost in the heart of main tourist area but this place is the older hotel and very old but clean enough for me and the other Hotel 45 is near SM Baguio which offers room ranging to 1,100 pesos I think, but its still will be your choice where to check in just walk around session road and you can find lots of accomodation beware of agents that will offer you hotels they might be helpful but they are just for commisions. Just read around the forums and you will have an idea where to stay.

china
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

Thanks mastercooks! I'm not really into luxurious hotels. I just want to visit the place. A place to get some sleep and take a shower are the most important things since I will be out exploring I dont think it's practical. . rooms are good for one? Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

The rooms are good for 2and its big enough, you can check my review regarding on the hotel 45, or since I have noticed you are going in July you might want to check Hotel Veniz as an option I have stayed there 2 times already, July is their lean season and offer regular rates you can have a nice rooms for cheaper price check their websites for rates www.hotelveniz.com . Oh you might want to visit the Bell church in La Trinidad just take a taxi and they will take you there, Tam Awan village (still not been there even been to Baguio many times), there are lot of places in Baguio that I am still discovering every visit I made, recently discovered a hot spring resort in deeper side of Baguio which is a great escape after the tiring tour of the city.

This are the places you can go just select your best line up

1. Burn Ham park

2.Lourdes Grotto

3.Mines View

4.Botanical Garden

5. Camp John Hay ( if you are into Zip Lines and rapelling they have it there and paint ball as well)

6.Wright Park

7. Bell Church ( this is a Chinese temple)

8. PMA

9. Tam Awan Village

10. Strawberry Farm

11. Balatoc Mines tour ( not advisable if you have limited time and far from the city but I have been in the area since I have relatives living there)

12. Hot Springs ( recommended for those who have their own transport scenery is good since you will be in the deeper side of Baguio)

china
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

Thanks a lot master!!!

We'll check those places for more info..Hotels are noted...Thanks thanks! How many days is advisable for my plan trip? baguio - vigan - laoag? we'll take a plane to go back to manila.good idea since i read that flyts aren't that safe? true?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
291 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

planes are safe

pls read:

www.philippineairlines.com/news/eu_issue.jsp

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

Planes are safe dont worry just make sure there is no typhoon during your flight :). It will depend oh how much time you want to spend on those places, just make a list on the places you want to go and for how long you would want to stay, give time for travel time to each places aprrox 15 - 20 mins, but for us in Wright park we consumed almost 2 hours already for a 1 hour horse back riding and just sitting around, and to most places probably an hour is enough but the most time we have spent is in the local restaurants and sight seeing or just walking around Burn ham park for me 1 day is not enough to enjoy Baguio I will give it a 2 days starting from morning and on the third day for travelling back this is just for me,and just like what I have said every time I went there there is always new places I am discovering either tourist spot or not all are worth seeing. Its good for us since we have our relatives living there so no problem getting lost in the city and have bonus tour on outskirts of Baguio where in we can blend with the local gold miners which is off the beaten path for tourists:) Plan ahead so you can maximize your time if you have limited time.

china
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: manila - baguio - vigan

Thanks master!!!:)

I will surely note them down! will surely make the best of what i have wen i get there...seems like i wud be needing more tym really...wanna to hit 3 cities at a tym...:) this must be so exciting!