We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

We are two people looking to get from Puno to Cusco. I see there are all kinds of companies offering the ride but they all look the same (stopping at 3 or 4 places on the way).

I realize the scenery is really great on this route and I would like to find a good option to be able to take good photos and not be herded.

What would you recommend? Is there any company that is above the others offering this service?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,239 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

We us

Edited: 9:31 pm, April 27, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,239 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

We used inka express. Scenery is nice but not spectacular. It's a pleasant, inexpensive way to get between the cities. All the tourist buses seemed to do the same itinerary. Don't think there's any way to avoid being herded unless maybe an expensive private driver instead of the bus tours.

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

I went with Wonder Peru, seemed the same as Inka Express and they claimed they are the only one that goes to the archaeological site at Pukara instead of just the museum. I got tickets for $45 without entry fees, although it seems you can get them even cheaper from reading around.

Edited: 12:27 pm, May 26, 2014
4. Re: Puno to Cusco by bus. Are they all the same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 28, 2015