We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno to Sillustani to Juliaca Airport - how much time?

New York City
Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Puno to Sillustani to Juliaca Airport - how much time?

12:35pm flight out of Juliaca. Assuming I need to be at Juliaca Airport at 1130am, how much time to I need to get from Puno (Sonesta Posadas del Inka Hotel) to Sillustani, and then from Sillustani to Juliaca Airport? Will be travelling by taxi. If I want to spend 1 hour at Sillustani, should I leave Sonesta by 830am? earlier? later? Is there traffic anywhere?

Mentioned in this post
Juliaca
Juliaca
Puno Region, Peru
Sillustani
Sillustani
1,659 Reviews
Puno, Peru
New England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno to Sillustani to Juliaca Airport - how much time?

I would certainly not leave any later than 8:30 and might even consider leaving earlier. We did this in July and there was quite a bit of traffic getting through Juliaca to the airport. We had come through Juliaca earlier in the week on the bus from Cusco and there was quite a bit of traffic then as well, so while I am only basing my thoughts on two times, both afternoons, through there I would expect traffic. We ended up spending more than an hour at Sillustani but you may spend less. I would also suggest checking on the opening time for Sillustani as you do need to pay at the gate.

Mentioned in this post
Juliaca
Juliaca
Puno Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Sillustani
Sillustani
1,659 Reviews
Puno, Peru
2. Re: Puno to Sillustani to Juliaca Airport - how much time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 15, 2014