We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno Week

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Puno Week

Hi, has anybody been in Puno for the first week of Nov. for Puno week? We will be there Nov. 2 and wish to go see the Uros Islands on Nov. the 3rd.. Debating if we should stay 1 more day for Puno week. We will be going to Colca Canyon after Puno, not sure if to take extra day in Puno . Thank you all.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno Week

This festival is a celebration of Puno City, but is not as famous as the Candelaria Festival that is happening right now. Although you may be able to see some traditional dancing, it is not that prominent on the festivals calendar.

2. Re: Puno Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:43 am, February 12, 2013
Central Coast, NSW...
Level Contributor
37 posts
521 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno Week

Yes I was there in 2012. It's amazingly colourful and generally good-natured. On one day, the various faculties of the University paraded from around midday until about 9-10pm. It was televised! (for the first few hours). The coordinated dancing, with dancers fortified with the occasional swig of local brew, was a must see. We found the dancers very willing to pose for photos, and many wanted to come have a chat and have their photo taken with you. They wanted to try out their english, while I wanted to try out my spanish. All good fun! Do a google image search for Puno week and you'll see how colourful the dancers are.

If I was to choose doing that or an extra day in Colca Canyon, definitely Puno. While Colca is interesting, you'll likely only experience limited time seeing condors. If condors are what you are heading to Colca for, then head south towards Patagonia, we found them far more abundant there.

The first response is correct, Puno week is not as famous as Candelaria.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puno Week

1800hammer,

Thank you, I will certainly look into it.

I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puno Week

During Puno Week, how difficult will it to be get transportation in and out of Puno?

6. Re: Puno Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 30, 2014