We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L H
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

Hi,

I have decided to travel from Puno to Cuzco on one of the tour buses with stops at different sights along the way. I've done some search on the forum and everybody seems to be happy (happier) with Cruz del Sur, which is not running the route any more...for the rest of the companies (Inka Express, Wonder Peru, Tourismo), is there any actual difference among their services? I found some comments regarding bad experience with Inka Express, but guess it was mainly a guide issue which could happen to any company. From the websites, all 3 companies offer exactly the same itinerary with minimal price difference...

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

LH

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

Just got back from Peru and happy to advise. We took Inka Express on this route - the ride takes the all day but goes quite quickly - left early morning and only arrived at about 5pm in Cusco - we had an excellent guide on board and lots of comments, stops and sites seeing along way including a buffet lunch stop at midday - so really happy with it - our only concerns were we had is that our bus got stopped just outside Puno by huge rocks scattered all over the road by protesters - our guide with another person had to get out of bus to remove them so we could move - as we made our way along there were armed police who had just used smoke bombs to disperse the protesters - apparently these sort of disturbances often happens in this part of Peru. and I knew there had been several strikes, road blockes before our arrival into Peru, but being witness to such event is quite intimadating. Fortunately everything cleared and didn't have any more incidents along the way.

Edited: 9:30 pm, September 17, 2012
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

Inka Express is the major player and that person who complained seemed a bit of a whiner IMO:

L H
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

Thanks BRI1811027 and mlgb! Think I'll go with Inka Express now :)

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

I also just returned from Peru and took Inka Express from Puno to Cuzco. I was very happy and impressed with the service: comfortable ride with magnificent scenery (we were upstairs), great lunch, very interesting stops, good guide and plenty of cool drinks offered on board. Absolutely recommended!

5. Re: Puno-Cuzco tour buses - is there difference among companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 22, 2013