We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno to Quito

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Puno to Quito

Hello, I need to get from Puno to Quito but can't seem to find a convenient way at all. All the flights seem to take over 24 hours. Is there a better way by bus or train? I don't mind connections, but I think it is silly to pay $1000 to travel by air, only to take as long or longer.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks and regards

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno to Quito

There is absolutely no convenient way to get from Puno to Quito. I don't know why air is so expensive between Lima and Quito but it is. Since it's going to take a long time no matter what, how about breaking up the trip over several days, making overnight stops along the way?

There is a lot of info about busing from Lima and Quito on the forum.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Puno to Quito

thanks a lot for this, i thought so...it's going to be tough due to timing so i might have to skip puno

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
120 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno to Quito

You should be able to find a good priced flight from Puno to Lima in the early morning; try Taca or Star Peru; In Lima you can connect with a flight to Quito. Both Taca and Lan offer daily flights to Quito. Star Peru normally has an early morning flight from Juliaca to Lima, in time to connect with a flight later that day to Quito. LAN has flights departing around 1.00PM on some days. Nevertheless the flight costs are high with both international airlines. So i don't think there is a way out of this.

Good luck!

Perutravelsonline

4. Re: Puno to Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 am, June 20, 2013