We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

Irvine, California
10 posts
Save Topic
Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

I bought a Groupon coupon for a two night stay in Taypikala Lake Hotel In Puno. I am kind of frustrated because I don't know how I can make a reservation through it. Does anybody know how to do this?

Also we are thinking of arriving in Puno at 5pm (coming from an Inka Express bus), spending one whole day the next day and then flying out to Lima. Is one day enough to tour Lake Titikaka?

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

Call Groupon and ask for help.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

Call or email the hotel and make a reservation. Tell them it is for the Groupon.

Miraflores
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

If it was bought on the Peruvian site then it is most likely only usable by a Peruvian national.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

It does not say that anywhere on the Groupon site, when you sign up. Where do you get that "most likely" from?

Miraflores
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

Read the "terms of service" agreement. If you have not violated that, then there should be no problem. If you bought the coupon thru a third party then it is not valid. In regards to the OP the coupon you received via email

should have the # to call to make your reservation. If not here is the link to their online reservation system:

http://www.taypikala.com/reservas.php

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

The Groupons are not emailed. You print them from the website after purchase. Conditions attached to an individual offer are available on the website as well.

Read the link below for Peru. There is nothing requiring legal residency. I imagine travel agents are not happy with Groupons because it is a workaround against travel agent discounts and commissions.

www.groupon.com.pe/universal-fine-print

7. Re: Groupon Coupon in Taypikala Hotel Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, May 31, 2013