We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

Hey There,

The other discussion about this issue was closed. I'll be in Peru in early August and I'm trying to get from PUNO to ICA ... but I can't seem to find a good way to get there. Anyone do this route? What's the most cost-effective, time-efficient way to travel this?

I've found $280 flight from Juilaca to Lima, and trying to find a bus that would fit in the same day down to ICA ... possible?

Thanks!

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

Hi p3as, I dont know why you think the other discussion was closed. When I visit that post, it doesnt say anything about being closed.

We cant recommend bus companies to fit your itinerary, because we dont know what time you will arrive.

If you get into Lima early enough, you could take a nice tourist bus like Cruz del Sur.

If there are no nice buses, you could always take a local bus like Soyuz. They are much less comfortable, and there are occasionally pickpockets who steal the tourists bags, but they leave Lima every 10 minutes! This gives you a lot of flexibility.

Iquitos Amazon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

p3as...i traveled with soyuz many times, its safe and comfortable. and the buses leave every 15-20 minutes, very inexpensive. also you can arrange a bus from Ica to Puno....are you stopping at arequipa on the way? message me for more info...i got some good info from www.inkaempireperu.com and the peopple there had great prices for the tours we took in islas ballesta, colca canyon, and an island tour in puno. message me if you need more info or writ them directly!

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

Please do not spam the forum with links to your agency.. Or you should at least admit that you are working for that tour agency

4. Re: RE: Puno to Ica and the Coast (previous discussion)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 05, 2012