We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional Puno Hotel

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional Puno Hotel

I would like to stay in a fairly traditional hotel in Puno in April. I would like to be out a little with views of lake and a places to trail run. Could anyone recommend a place?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

I'll be interested to know about this also

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

Would recommend staying in the Taquile Island for one night.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,640 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

Spend a night with an Uros family.

Check with www.titicacaperu.com for a good travel agency.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

many people do a lake titicaca boat trip via the floting islands to isla amanti and taquile...staying overnight with a family.costs are reasonable....i really enjoyed this trip,and would say thia is the way to go...

Oregon
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

We spent a night in a homestay with a family on Amatani Island. It was a bit rustic but a wonderful experience and one we would like to do again.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

Me too I will recommend staying at one of the islands for the night. Never done it.......but would love to do it if I have the chance.

boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

We're staying 2 nights on the Yavari - a steam boat that's a museum and Bed & Breakfast (bunks). It's right on the lake...sounds delightful. Check out the review right here on TA.

8. Re: Traditional Puno Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2012