We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

We are planning on staying at the Hotel Libertador in Puno and will be there 4 days. We want to visit the Uros Islands, Taquile and Sillustani.

I read on another post that the trip to the Uros was a 3 to 4 hour boat ride, and to Taquile it was an 8 to 9 hour boat ride. Is this true??? Are there any faster boats? How would I go about booking a fast boat? And can these be personal boats or are they group boats?

Thanks!!!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,523 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

The hours you are mentioning are true, but it includes the tour of the sites, not only the boat ride.

Contact Eliana Pauca at All Ways Travel

http://www.titicacaperu.com/awtweb/ for any tour around Puno.

Tell her Carlos from the Kuychi Rumi is recommending you

DHL
Brussels
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

Los Uros are an 1/2 hours boat ride, add 2.5h for Taquile but wrth the effort, hated Los Uros though as it's like Disney on water.

Livermore...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

We just returned from the staying at the Hotel Libertador, it's a beautiful hotel. We made arrangements through the hotel for an individual tour guide to the islands. We went to Uros, found it interesting but a bit artificial and opted not to go on to Taquille another hours ride. There is an Adventist school on Uros, which we visited. It was a fun experience. Some of the children were making animals out of baloons,while others were concentrating on division problems. The smaller children sang several songs for us and in turn we left a small donation. Friends who went to Taquille found it well worth the effort, but there are lots of steps to climb on the island.

New York City
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours to Uros & Taquile - how many hours on boat rides?

Uros was about a 30 min boat ride from Puno, but it's about another 2 hours from there to Taquile. I did a 2d/1n tour and stayed on Taquile with a local indigenous family. It was a wonderful experience, but I will have to forewarn you that Taquile has no indoor plumming or running water. I don't believe there are any day trips to Taquile either.

Enjoy your trip!