We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

Hi there,

would be really grateful if anyone could give me some advice on how to arrange a non touristy homestay at Lake Titicaca. I've seen that Tiquille and Amantara are the two possibilities and some people have suggested All Ways Travel in this forum, but having been to their site, a two day/one night homestay trip is coming up at US$90 per person, which seems really pricey.

Is this something we could arrange on our own from Puno?? Or are there any other travel operators anyone could recommend?

Cheers!

Dapster

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

Are you sure it's US $90? I booked the exact same tour with All Ways Travel in Puno the night before and it was 80 soles.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
928 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

HI there

We did this trip to Amantani and Tacquile just over a week ago and paid $29 per person with Allways Travel.

I do not know why they are quoting you a much higher rate

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

NomadicTraveller7,

Thanks! You are not the first to say this to me. One of the reasons why I started this thread is precisely because in all the other forum entries I saw people appeared to have paid way less than what I could find from here and I found that other people who used All Ways Travel also appeared to have paid way less than what I was quoted!

All Ways Travel quote for those interested was:

Group Tour in fast boat (2 day /1 night)

Starts: 7:30 a.m. Returns: 16.30 p.m. (next day)

Price p.p. US$ 52.00 per person

Additional price for overnight + meals + activities and

local guides: 33.00$ per person

Return ticket in fast boat second day: 15.00$ per

person

*English/Spanish speaking guide stays only the full

day. For a 2-day English request private guide and

quotation.

So: 52+33+15=100

Although now I’m wondering whether only the 52 was US$ and the others were soles…even if that’s the case, its still more than you guys paid. Did you do the two day, one night tour? Do you think its best we just turn up the day before and book at their office?

Cheers,

Dapster

14. Re: homestay advice at Lake Titicaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 29, 2009