We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Puno to Arequipa

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
491 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Puno to Arequipa

Hello All,

Could you please comment on how scenic the bus ride is from Puno to Arequipa? Is it something we should do during daylight hours to see the scenery? Or is an evening/night drive a better use of time? Is it safe during the dark hours? Besides Cruz del Sur, which has a 9AM departuer from Puno, I could not find other bus companies. I've checked Civa and Cial,but with my limited Spanish, could not find any info on the Puno to Arequipa route.

Thanks so much1

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Puno to Arequipa

I haven't done this specific bus ride, but think there should be some quite nice scenery. We have used cruz del sur (Lima-Nazca-Cusco) and think it's a very good company. If I had a choice, I would travel during daylight hours to do some "sightseeing" from the bus.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Puno to Arequipa

We did this bus trip, leaving Puno mid-afternoon. The scenery was pretty good, and got more interesting as we went, until it got dark.

You probably won't find a lot of information about most bus companies online. I believe various companies have departures throughout the day on this route. We just went to the bus station in Puno and caught the next bus to Arequipa. The company was called Flores--it was comfortable enough for the 5 hour ride.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
491 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Puno to Arequipa

Thanks for your insight.

4. Re: bus from Puno to Arequipa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 17, 2009