We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G Lodge - Amazon

Which Puerto Maldonado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
G Lodge - Amazon

We are looking at staying here for 5 days during the month of December with GAP Adventures.

We have children aged from 11 to 19 and we are pretty adventerous. Will there be plenty to do but also time to relax? Any suggestions on how to spend our free time would be greatly appreciated.

All my youngest wants to do is see and hopefully catch a piranah :)

I have looked under the accommodation information and haven't been able to find too much information on G Lodge.

Thanks in advance

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,144 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

The lodges in the area offer excursions and for sure one of them includes piranha fishing. Normally plenty to do in the area.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

G Lodge information, hope this helps you:

G Lodge Amazon is situated within the Tambopata National Reserve (TNR) and is on the edge of the Bahuaja Sonene National Park, creating an immense area totaling more than 3,000,000 acres of sub-tropical moist rainforest. The area has became part of a cross border park system, joining with the Madidi National Park in Bolivia, together they constitute the largest protected zone of tropical forest on the continent of South America.

The buildings or cabins of the lodge have been designed to exist in complete harmony with this exotic environment. They are made from wood and thatched with woven leaves and screened to protect their occupants from insects. Each bed is protected by a mosquito net and the cabins all have a private bathroom with running water. The dining room serves food, as well as drinks and snacks all day. All meals are prepared by the lodge's own specialized professional staff using a blend of forest products and more traditional recipes. Some of the dishes are typically Peruvian and international food is also served.

The lodge compound and buildings are lit at night with flame lanterns and candles but it is recommended that you keep your own flashlight handy. Tap water in the rooms comes from the clear Gallocunca stream found towards the rear of the lodge. The water is chlorinated and fit for showers and swimming though it is recommend you use the purified water supplied as drinking water. The lakes are also good places to swim, so remember to take your bathing suit with you on morning walks to the lakes.

The lodge maintains several trails on both sides of the river totaling approximately 25km. Most are circular trails beginning and ending at the lodge which are well marked. Guests are welcome to explore them during their leisure time. The trails on the other side of the Tambopata River can only be reached by boat. Transport to and from the lodge is by boat. All boats are protected from both sun and rain by a roof and side closures. Boat seats have back rests and seat cushions for greater comfort. All passengers will be provided with a life jacket, and all the drivers we use are qualified, experienced and possess a great knowledge of the river and its fauna.

For walks in the forest it is recommend that you bring light clothing, long loose-fitting trousers, long-sleeved shirts, a wide-brimmed hat and walking boots or tennis shoes. The early mornings can be cold, especially when on the river so you should bring along a windbreaker or a sweater. Come prepared with a rain jacket or poncho, as heavy rain may fall at any moment.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

Does anyone have recent photos of the G lodge? We are thinking of extending our stay with Gap an extra 4 days in the Amazon. Is it worth it? Can't find any pictures/photos of what this lodge looks like.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

Do you have any photos of the lodge?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

The post from FalcoG is directly from GAP website which I have read.

I was hoping for some personal experiences/photos

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

If you ask on GAP's South America forum you might get better responses.

wateringhole.gadventures.com/viewforum.php…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

I highly suggest the Refugio Amazonas Lodge. While I didn't go as a family, the children that were there seemed to be having a blast! As for the piranha, our guide at Refugio took us on a canoe tour and threw some bread into the water and dozens of piranha started jumping out of the water!

I wrote all about my experience here: …blogspot.com/2013/01/peru-part-2-aka-my-fav…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

HI

i stayed at the lodge about 3 years ago & we were taken fishing for Piranah & did catch a few.

9. Re: G Lodge - Amazon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 08, 2014