We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which lodge?

greece
Level Contributor
287 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which lodge?

It is my first time in is too dificult to choose. Which is the best option? Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which lodge?

Have you seen some options that you are interested?

Can you share them with us so as to recommend you?

greece
Level Contributor
287 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which lodge?

I have seen a lot....

Explorer;s Inn

Eco Amazonia

Anaconda Lodge

Cayman Lodge

Refugio Amazonas

Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which lodge?

I would recommend going with Rainforest Expeditions. www.perunature.com. They operate 3 lodges including Refugio Amazonas and they have some of the best reviews on TripAdvisor. I have been to all three of their lodges and had and amazing experience. The food is awesome, the guides really know the jungle very well, the rooms are comfortable, the activities are amazing.

Sometimes they have offers on their website. They also have a Facebook page(www.facebook.com/Rainforest.Expeditions) which offers deals every now and then.

Safe Travels!

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which lodge?

Another thumbs up for Rainforest Expeditions. We stayed at Refugio Amazonas and Tambopata Research Centre last July and both were fantastic!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
609 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which lodge?

We stayed at Posada Amazonas three weeks ago and had a great time.

We booked through the Rainforest Expeditions website and paid in advance

The lodge is lovely, food excellent and our guide was great.

Everything is very well organised from airport pickup to final departure.

They have recently installed hot water to some of the rooms so you might want to request one of these to avoid cool showers.

Its a 45 minute bus on rough roads then 45 minute riverboat journey to get there.. We were glad to arrive and start enjoying the visit rather than travel longer to more distant lodges.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which lodge?

I stayed at Eco Amazonia lodge and I had a good time.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which lodge?

Just stayed at the Corto Maltes Lodge--loved it! very beautiful grounds, private bungalows.

8. Re: Which lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, November 01, 2011
london
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which lodge?

My mum, brother and I stayed at Corto Maltes Lodge and it was wonderful. Everyone has their own cabin and in the middle of the grounds there is a pool. I liked the activities they have organized. We booked through Karikuy rather than directly since it was easier and didn't have much time before our trip.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which lodge?

I stayed at the Posada Amazonas two weeks ago. I really enjoyed my short time there. The manager and assistant manager were so very helpful. They really make an effort to ensure you enjoy your stay. This was my first time in the jungle and it won't be my last.