We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

Hi guys! I want to spend 2D3N in the Puerto Maldonado area, and would like to do the Canopy Walk on my first day when I arrive, and the Tambopata full day excursion (which includes Sandoval Lake as well as walking around in the rainforest and seeing cool animals) on the second day. I hear you can't do anything on the third day except wake up and leave. My question is, do you know any lodges that offer this itinerary? It seems that the location of the lodges varies so that you have to travel a long time from some of them, to see these sights. The only one I found which seems to be right in the middle of all this is the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica. But it's really expensive! Any advice?

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Sandoval Lake Lodge
Sandoval Lake Lodge
254 Reviews
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica
Inkaterra Reserva...
818 Reviews
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,674 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

how about one of the Wasai Lodges

2. Re: How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, November 01, 2011
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

I agree with xochitl,

Try Wasai. When I was there you were allowed, after the day's activities, to climb by yourself the canopy walkways at the rear of the bungalows.

The guides there often asked what you wanted to do for the day as well, giving you a couple of options depending on the weather.

I certainly went up the walkways unguided a couple of times, just take care where you put your hands in case of bullet ants!

Have fun!

4. Re: How to Cram in Tambopata/Sandoval/CanopyWalk all in 2D3N?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 03, 2012