We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for Posada Amazonas

Bancroft, SD
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for Posada Amazonas

My husband and I will be making a trip to Machu Picchu and Posada Amazonas in Feb 10. Can you give me some hints for packing lightly? What should we take for the Amazon?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for Posada Amazonas

layers that are breathable and raingear with hood

light GoreTex hikers

like to bring sveral pairs of waterproof socks

nothing dries with the humidity.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for Posada Amazonas

Bring Dri-Fit clothing to the jungle! I only brought 2 Dri-Fit shirts and other cotton shirts, everything is damp so I never wore the cotton shirts. Also bring a very light but waterproof jacket. We had a great time at Posadas, it exceeded our expectations. Its an Eco-lodge and kind of rustic but very fitting for the environment and wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

My only advice is to find a good pair of rubber boots (wellies?) and keep them with you for the duration of your stay.

3. Re: Packing for Posada Amazonas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 07, 2010