We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Jane or Tai Phou sailing - anyone sail on these?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
5 posts
88 reviews
45 helpful votes
Lady Jane or Tai Phou sailing - anyone sail on these?

Planning trip to San Blas islands in May, 2013. These are the two boats currently available during our timeframe. San Blas Sailing is the charter company (I understand they handle brokering for individual boat owners/captains). Looking for feedback from anyone who has sailed on these boats, or sailed with San Blas Sailing.

Thank you!!!

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: Lady Jane or Tai Phou sailing - anyone sail on these?

Hi. Just for back from 3 days on lady Jane. It was an absolute joy. San blas sailing were outstanding, and Ricardo (the captain) is a real character who went out of his way to make our few days there special. He is very knowledgable about the kuna and a great cook. He even taught us to sail a bit. Worth every penny! 2 weeks in Panama and this was the highlight by a country mile. The boat is rustic and charming and the islands are bliss.

Hope this helps.

Dominic

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
5 posts
88 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Lady Jane or Tai Phou sailing - anyone sail on these?

Thank you Dominic! My husband and I are looking to do nine days in May, and were wondering about the boat and captain. Sounds like you enjoyed both, which is great news to me. Appreciate you taking the time to post!

3. Re: Lady Jane or Tai Phou sailing - anyone sail on these?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 21, 2013