We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

Hi,

We are planning to fly from Panama City to San Blas islands for 2 nights, Mar 3-5. Looking for recommendations of best place to fly into and stay given our needs.

We are two female in our early 30s. Looking to experience the Kona culture, snorkel and relax a bit during our stay. Would prefer not to rough it completely, but still be budget-conscious (i.e. $25-50 per night is ok, $100+ is too much). Cold water and basic food only is fine etc. Just want to be relatively comfortable (no sleeping in a hammock).

What's the best island that's not too quiet where we can meet people, that also has some accommodations? Should we fly to El Porvenir or somewhere else?

I had a friend fly in and stay with Archimedes and enjoy it. How do I find him and/or reserve?

Also, we would prefer not to fly back to Panama City at 6am. We have a flight from Panama City to Bocas at 3:30pm. How can we book alternative transportation at a later time (by land and/or boat) back to Panama City instead?

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
El Porvenir
El Porvenir
San Blas Islands, Panama
Guna Yala Explorer
Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Isla Perro
Islands, Beaches, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Sailing Blue Sky
Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

Hi there

are you back from your trip?

i"m going there at the beginning of April with another female friend - and I'd loe to know what was your experience, what diid you do, where did you stay

As per now we just have a flight to Corazon de Jesus - nothing more!

Thank you

Serena

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

Ended up staying at Kuanidup and loved it. I wrote a pretty extensive review for it. Look it up. :)

Mentioned in this post
Kuanidup
Kuanidup
102 Reviews
San Blas Islands, Panama
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

Thank you very much!!!

We are flying from Panama City to Corazon de Jesus

I still need to understand how far is a boar ride to get in one of those islands

any clue or suggestion?

Thank you again

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

I don't know from that airport. It's about 45 from either Carti or Rio Sidra. You can ask Lam Tours.

Edited: 8:43 am, March 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Rio Sidra
Rio Sidra
Guna Yala Region, Panama
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

cool idea - just sent them an email :)

Thnaks again

6. Re: Advice needed on choosing island and accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 07, 2013