We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in July?

Twente
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in July?

We're planning to go to one of the SB islands in July.

- Is it necessary to make a reservation already? Or can we plan a trip easily once we are in PC?

- Which of the island do you recommend? kuanidup? yandup? Read many reviews, some are good, some are terrible! By the way: The less other tourists, the better...!

- what price can we expect?

- other itenary suggestions are also welcome!

Tnx!

Marie

panama city, panama
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in July?

Hi, I would try and make the reservations beforehand because if you're flying out you want to make sure to grab those tickets before they sell out. There are packages that include car transport to/from San Blas as well. But I would really recommend doing it before you come to Panama.

As far as the islands I went to Yandup and I enjoyed it, it's so beautiful. I think it depends on what kind of cabana you stay in but they're around 70-90/ night per person which usually includes meals and 1 tour a day.

Also whether you drive or fly you have to leave early in the morning so you want to stay the night before at a hotel nearby the albrook airport. I went about a year ago and stayed at the Balboa Inn because they helped me get a taxi to the airport, you have to be there at 5AM! There are some other hotels nearby as well.

Washington, DC
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in July?

What cabana did you stay in? Did you use a tour agency to set it up in one package? If so, which one?

3. Re: Where to stay in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 27, 2009