We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Blas and diving or snorkeling

minneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Blas and diving or snorkeling

Hi guys,

Planning a trip in a couple of weeks spending most of time in Bocas area. just left there 2 weeks ago and wished I would have seen San Blas. Anyway...can anyone recommend (if any) a good place to stay where there is some diving accomodations? Thanks!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Blas and diving or snorkeling

Sorry my friend but there is no diving allowed anywhere in San Blas (or at least not within the Kuna Preserve) as it is very protected. Snorkeling is allowed and I've been spear fishing there as well. The closest diving I believe it Coral Lodge. Haven't stayed but hear its very nice.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Blas and diving or snorkeling

As Borracho says - diving is prohibited in the Kuna Yala but the snorkeling in many places is pretty good.

Just outside the Comarca (Preserve) is Coral Lodge (www.corallodge.com) They have their own dive shop and dive an area called Escribanos Banks - a little explored area that probably has some of the best diving off the Caribbean coast of Panama.

The accommodations are first class and the location is briliant but it's isolated and not cheap - worth it? Depends on your budget but no more expensive than other top dive resorts or a live-aboard.

I wrote an article on them for a local magazine - Panama 980 and you can read it here: www.panama980.com/products1.asp…

Cheers,

Andrew

minneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Blas and diving or snorkeling

Hey,

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Good info.

See you in Panama sometime...

4. Re: San Blas and diving or snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, October 18, 2009