We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

Laredo, TX
1 post
Save Topic
Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

We are interested in going to possibly the Yanup lodge or the Corel lodge. The Coral lodge is about three times more expensive and appears to be about the same. I cannot find any pictures of the insided of the rooms at the Yanup lodge. Has anybody been to both or either? What comments do you have. Is Coral lodge really worth paying three times more?

Texas
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

It has been some time since anyone has replied but I was wondering how your trip went and if you stayed at Yandup lodge? Would you please tell me more of your stay and if you have photos please post them! Thank you!

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

Just got back from Panama and Yandup. I posted some newe pics here on Trip Advisor. I also put some photos on Flickr/LearnAboutPanama and some video on YouTube/PanamaMark. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions! PanamaMark

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

You can't really compare any of the lodges in the Kuna Yala to Coral Lodge...

Coral Lodge is leaps and bounds above the San Blas lodges - air conditioning, hot tub in your room, sun lounges and hammock chair on your balcony/deck, hot water showers and modern construction.

They have a fresh water swimming pool and offer a lot more activities that can be found in the Kuna Yala - diving, horeseback riding, jungle walks, kayaking etc.

That said, Coral Lodge is not for everyone - some folks prefer the more rustic atmosphere that Kuna Yala offers but others prefer the "eco" luxury that Coral Lodge can give them.

I was just at Coral Lodge writing an article for a local magazine. I had dropped in there one day when traveling up and down the coast in a small boat looking for property but the other week was my first time staying there and I have to say, it was a great experience. Having worked in and managed many out of the way hotels over the past 20 years, it ranks up there with some of the best. They still have problems with being so isolated but they do provide a memorable vacation.

All the lodges in the Kuna Yala also provide a great experience, but their "resources" are more limited and therefore cannot provide the same level of comfort or service. Yandup, Kuanidup, Sapibenega, Dolphin Island and Dad Ibe all get good to great reviews.

Cheers,

Andrew

Warsaw, Indiana
Level Contributor
22 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

We recently went to Panama (1/08) and opted not to go to the Coral Lodge because of the cost. Instead, we went to Sapibenega after being steered away from Yandup lodge by our Panama contact agency. (Once we got to San Blas we were able to verify that Sapibenega is much better than Yandup.)

If you NEED to have air conditioning, cable TV and a nice swimming pool, you will not like the Sapibenega. As it was, we loved it because it did NOT have all the amenities but had many other things to offer. Decide carefully what you want to do. You will see wild variations in reviews because some did not choose wisely and expected the wrong things.

The web site for Sapibenega is accurate and tells you what you will find when you get there. (The mosquito net over the bed is absolutely not necessary. There were no mosquitoes or any bugs.)

mn
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

Oldanalyst...we will be staying at Sabibenega is a little over a week! I would love to hear more about your stay. What did they serve for meals? How were their excursions? Any other thoughts/recommendations? Thanks! PS So glad to hear there were no bugs!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

triptaker, don't count on "no bugs". When we flew into the little base for the boat to San Blas in the early AM, there were nasty little biting insects. Be prepared one can always come upon a mass of "no see-um" type biting little knats. We were in San Blas for three days and went to a different island every day on an excursion. Where our lodging was, never a bug at all, but on one of the day trips walking around one of the islands they took us too, there horrid biting gnats appeared and some people were really bit up and the bites festered for days. Always carry bug spray with Deet. Be prepared just in case.

7. Re: Yandup Lodge pictures of rooms.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 20, 2009