We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

Just wondering if there is a bank teller at playa blanca, where we can convert cash, and use the credit cartds to obtain cash there?? I am assuming there is no debit..

cheers.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

If you obtain a PIN for your credit card then you'll have no problem getting cash (USD) from the bank machine at the hotel but remember that you are paying Cash Advance charges so it would be much better financially to use your ATM card as long as it is on the PLUS or CIRRUS systems. Change your Northern Dollars for USD before you leave since it may be a problem at the hotel or they'll take a huge cut. You can charge all your tours/extras to the room and pay for the whole bill at the end with your credit card.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

Thans so much for the reply. So I am assuming then your telling me there is a bank machine there.

thanks again.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

Absolutely. Its a "Clave" bank machine just to the right of the lobby. I only know of only this one at Plahya Blanca.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

I found plenty of cash machines all throughout Panama City. The only warning I would give you is to let your bank know you will be going to Panama. I have traveled throughout the world and being in Panama was the only time my activity ever set off a fraud alert. The 3rd time on my trip I went to the ATM, I was told I had exceeded my daily limit. When I came home, I found the bank had limited my access because they thought activity from Panama was suspicious. You might want to let your bank know you will be going so you don’t find yourself in a bind.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

That's funny you mention that since my bank did the exact same thing and even left messages on my cell - which doesn't work in Panama - and I had to call when I returned. Great point and super advice.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

Thanks so much, I will let my bank know also. this also happened to me when I was on a cruise and i forgot all about this happening,

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

I found no problems using my ATM card at the ATM machine. However, the bank machine is NOT on the property. You have to leave lobby 1 and go up to the main road (that is pass throught the security barrier ). Then walk on the Farallon Road towards the Interamerican highway for about a minute. There on the right hand side you will see a small airconditioned bank building (CLAVE) with a 24 hour ATM machine inside.

8. Re: Can you get cash from your credit card at Playa blanca??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 17, 2009