We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Playa Blanca

buffalo
Level Contributor
458 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Playa Blanca

Supposedly Riu is opening a new hotel April 1st "Riu Playa Blanca". Has anyone seen the progress, I'm debating if I should dare book for Easter break? Thanks!

Lincoln Park, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
281. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

It's not good,water is murky and sand is black not for snorkeling

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
282. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Oooooooh. Officially down to 3 stars :(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
283. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

According to who is it 3 stars? still says 5 stars on all major websites

Edited: 12:38 pm, May 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
284. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

No, just the tripadvisor rating. It is what it is. I will still have a great time!

1 post
Save Reply
285. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Hey! We are arriving on May 22nd and was planning on renting a car from the airport, something no one else has recommended or mentioned. Is this not a good idea even with gps?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
286. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Hi Coco2401,

I will be going to Panama May 31st, I've being trying to find the best price available for transport from the airport to the resort. Can you please recommend any company or taxi service? Or perhaps anyone has any suggestion? I will greatly appreciate it!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
287. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Dominic,

I rented a car last year and stayed one night in Panama City. I would never drive in that city again. Once outside the city driving was great. It was a nightmare getting to our hotel from the airport but I could not get my google maps to work and we never got on Corredor Sur. I just took a taxi to see the canal the next day before we went up the Pacific coast. On the way back I had got my google maps working and had no problem getting back to the airport. If you are just trying to get out of the city with a GPS you should be fine.

Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
288. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Been here since friday and I just absolutely love it! Weathers beautiful

Pembroke...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
289. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

Irenesword - Did you enjoy?

Pembroke...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
290. Re: Riu Playa Blanca

We are headed there 6/9/14. Any comments, suggestions, opinions about day trips & weather?