We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
weather

I know the weather is hot but is it unbearable the end of February? To hot to do the tours etc.?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

The 'dry season' or what they call 'summer' is from December to March. Even though it's 'dry' it's still very humid. From my experience, it never went below 25C. I feel the best time is end of Jan or beginning of Feb. By the end of that time interval it's back up into the 30'sC. The rooms are air conditioned at the RD or else you could never sleep. I found that there is always a breeze off the pacific, but once you get inland a bit, it is stifling hot. I never have understood how anyone could play golf in that heat. I loved going to El Valle as it is so cool in the mountains and was a welcome relief. The tour buses are a/c of course, but walking around the canal etc end of Jan wasn't that unpleasant. Can't say about end of Feb, although when I went back to Canada at the end of the first week of Feb, I was really glad to leave as it was getting too hot for me.

Edited: 2:35 pm, October 01, 2011
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Yes, February is HOT! Still in the dry season, but usually with a breeze or is very windy near the beaches, and that helps.

I like the rainy season better as it is cooler, though this year it has even been hot during this month which is the wet season......Temps in the 90's several times this week and humid cause there has been rain also and the dirt roads have puddles.

If you are overweight,and out of shape, you certainly will mind the heat much more. Drink lots of water, and do tours only in the AM's.....as yes, it may be too dern hot to enjoy tours in the afternoon. Get early, early starts and it may be difficult depending on where you are staying because at the all inclusive resorts on Pacific side the tours may start early, but because they are soooooo far from many of the sites, it ends up being afternoon before you even arrive at your destination (except for Penonome or El Valle) which are closer.. Penonome (more inland) is terrible in the PM, as the stores are open air, (no air con)and very very stifling even for a seasoned Panama resident.. Go in the AM

3. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 24, 2012