We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini Fridge

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
236 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mini Fridge

Hi everyone!! We have booked our trip to the Royal Decameron in March of 2012. Yes - I have read a lot of the reviews some good, some bad. I believe it is what you make of it. Anyway.....the question is regarding the fridge in the room. Any other all inclusive resort we have stayed at stocks the mini fridge with bottled water, a few local beers and maybe a few snacks. I have been reading that the Royal Decameron does not do this but I was sure I had read it in the travel brochure?? Does anyone know anything about this? It's not a huge deal if they don't but it is rather convenient to have bottled water in the room. Thank you.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini Fridge

Hi werlenator

We stayed at the Royal Decameron this past February/2011 for 2 weeks and are staying there again this coming February/2012. You have to rent the mini-fridge at a cost of about $4 per day, if my memory serves me right. They do not stock any beer or pop but replace water every day. My only suggestion is you request a mini-fridge immediately upon arrival at either of the 3 lobby front desks and also a key for your safe (another daily rental). Despite the daily costs (minimal) of the mini-fridge and safe key, I think you will love this resort and the Panamanian people.

Happy Traveling

Ron

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini Fridge

Unconfirmed from their website shows that if you book a Superior Room they include that. I am planning to a book Superior Room due to this. I should email Nolitours to confirm that this is indeed the case.

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
236 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini Fridge

We booked ocean front so hopefully that is a superior room?

Hamilton
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini Fridge

Hi again werlenator

Just to let you know, we stayed in Ocean Front , bldg. #11 last Feb./2011 and had to pay for the mini-fridge and we also booked through Nolitours. Check with your travel agent.

Happy Traveling

Ron

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini Fridge

From what I gathered from Royal Decameron's site, is that an Oceanfront Room is not a Superior room. The Superior room is the next level up from an Oceanfront. From Nolitours' site, the only Superior rooms and above they have are the ones on the golf course. I emailed the resort last night asking about this and I will see what they say. I'm not too crazy about staying on the golf course potentially a long walk from the beach. My luck my room would be on like the 6th or 14th hole so, like half a mile or more from the beach.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini Fridge

Superior rooms are on the green and I don't know if they have a fridge included. Beachfront, ocean view and garden rooms do not have the fridge included. Last year the cost was 5$/day for the fridge. It is not filled up with anything. We walked to a local store and bought our own pop, juice for the room.

I enjoy cold water, so to me I think it's worth spending the 5$ per day for the fridge.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mini Fridge

Places on the golf course are actually small apartments and would definitely have a frig - but stocked for you, no......

toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini Fridge

Hi,

we have booked for March 5th. we are hoping to get a fridge in the room too. we booked beachfront room which dosn't include mini fridge.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mini Fridge

It won't be a problem, donna. Just ask at checki-n and you may have to again repeat your request, but they are worth the small fee per day. Enjoy !

toronto
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mini Fridge

Thanks..... i will do that and i don't mind paying the extra for the fridge as its worth it for cold water at night. i will just go to the store to purchase pop/juice and hopefully some can beer. Can you let me know how far is this from the resort? could we walk there? do they sell beer?? what are the prices like for beer?? what is the local brand of beer i should buy?? i just like to have beer it in the fridge for hubby for back at room. Sorry for all the questions. We booked for March 5th. I guess it will be very hot at that time of the year and i say bring it on!! Panama yay!!!

thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Get answers to your questions about Farallon