Hello Panamanian experts. First post in this forum (so be gentle).
My wife and I are looking to travel to Panama with another couple in January. Having never been to this narrow stretch of the world we have a few questions. Hoping someone here can provide a few answers. Here I go:
1. We've found a good price for the Playa Blanca, but we're trying to figure out if it's the tye of place we want to stay. Sure there's all the usual all-inclusive stuff, but my wife and I are snorkeling fiends. We like to get off the resort, under the water and into the wonderful world of fish. Is there snorkeling off the beach? Is January a good time to go for snorkeling? Is this part of Panama good for snorkelling.
2. Personally, I've never been to a pacific beach. I know it's different than Varadero and the Mayan Riviera, but is it still fun? You walk out on those beaches and you're immediately in your 'happy place'. Can the same be said for the beach at the Playa Blanca?
3. January - is it warm? Rainy (I'm not talking 10 minute tropical showers)? Bug infested?
4. What is there to do, see or experience in this part of Panama? Rainforests, towns - excursions? I'm a big monkey fan too, so I'd love to know if there are any around.
5. Finally, a question for my fellow Canadians out there. Anyone know what the flying time to Panama is from the frigid city of Toronto?
That's it for now (although I'll undoubtedly come up with more as the days go by). Thanks to anyone who can answer.