We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the ocean?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How is the ocean?

I'm planning to stay at the Decameron this July. The beach quality is really important to me.

Is the water crystal clear and calm?

From some pictures i've seen on the Internet, the water looks dark blue and not clear.

Is the beach water muddy or clear?

Thanks!

Panama, Rep. Panama
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the ocean?

the beach water in the pacific looks muddy, if you want water clear and calm you need to choice the caribbean side like Bocas del Toro or Colon, also you will find a lot of raining days during July.

Good lucks,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the ocean?

Thanks for your reply,

also, is the water warm at least?

did you go in July? I heard there were lots of Colombian and Panamanian students on vacation at the DeCameron which made it noisty.

Panama, Rep. Panama
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the ocean?

Sure, the water is warm all the time, regarding the students dont worry to much because they will be a small minority, you will find the resort plenty of seniors from Canada, France, Italy and Brazil. (The resort bring full charters from these contries).

Bye,

ontario
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the ocean?

The water is warm and wavy. it is not crystal clear and blue like the Mayan Riviera or Cuba. The bottom is sandy. The beaches are brownish with some stones and shells. It's quite wide and long. During our week there it was red flagged most of the time but only one day was it really too rough to swim.