We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in Panama?

Midland
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smoking in Panama?

We Just found out from our rep that there is a no smoking band in Panama.The resort will allow you to smoke on the balcony of your room and at the beach.Just woundering if this is true,or if they will let you smoke at the pool or around the resort.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking in Panama?

Suposedly true, but unfortunately you´ll probably be able to get away with smoking in other places and bothering non-smokers with your cigarettes.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking in Panama?

I get even with my bad habit of beer. See I drink lots of it at the swim up bar and then pee in the pool. Makes me feel better and possibly offends smokers. :) Happy Ash Wednesday.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
887 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking in Panama?

Poolside no, but in open public areas, generally yes.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking in Panama?

Good time to quit!

Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking in Panama?

The smoking ban in PANAMA is trying to duplicate the laws in the U.S. and Canada.

Most restaurants will not allow you to smoke if they are closed in on 2 or more sides. Most beach restaurants (Pipas, Woody's, Rio Ranchero are all open aired restaurants and you can smoke.

As the previous posts stated, you can smoke around the pool--they might give you a hard time depending on who is around you and the personnel at the resort.

I have been in the lobby at Playa Blanca and Decameron and always see people smoking.

Mary

Midland
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking in Panama?

I am myself a non smoker,I found this out and thought for those who do smoke the could prepare themselves

7. Re: Smoking in Panama?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, October 20, 2009