We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Which Contadora Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Vernon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service between Amador Las Brisas on the Causeway and Contadora Island? There website http://www.sealasperlas.com/schedules.html states that they started regular service August 2010. Were they reliable? How was the ride? How pleased were you with the service?

70 replies to this topic
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

The ferries I have seen have been very crowded with luggage and riders. AND depending on the ocean that day, the ride may be very rough and take longer than usual. For about ther same price, you can fly to Contadora - and much quicker.

2. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, December 02, 2010

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks, I don't think the service has started yet. They had boat registration issues and some other reasons...

Cheers,

Andrew

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Hello all, the problem with flying is that the rate is actually much higher than it appears on the screen, almost double. So a $70 round trip w/o taxes and fuel surcharges ends up at $130 round-trip for 1 person.

So for a family of three, like ours, the total is $366 (children rate is not applicable).

For $70 boat ride, round trip each person, the total would be $210 > $151 worth of savings.

I too would like to know if there's only one ferry service or if there are other boats sailing from Amador or Balboa to Contadora.

Thanks,

edmonton
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

I too was looking to get to the island. I realize they have daily airservice but as the noted above in the post, the taxes, surcharge etc. are ridiculous. I would like to have some idea of how to get to the island without having to book a flight. Does anyone have any updated info on the ferry service?

thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

I have an update. I sent an email to Las Perlas ferry services and they wrote back last Friday saying that the service has been "interrupted" so I guess it's just been canceled until further notice.

However, I got in touch with Judy, a travel agent at Lamtours Panama - she's been really helpful and answered all my questions about our San Blas trip, and she said that there is another ferry going to Contadora, for $400 round trip, split into X number of passengers on board. I don't know how many will be there, though. She's organizing a 2-day/1-night trip around February 20 (next month). PM me and I'll send you her email address if you're interested.

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Hello Vickita78,

My wife and I are planning to visit Panama city in the beginning of February. We booked sale boat trip to San Blas and were making plans to visit Las Perlas, Contadora.

We visited panama in March of 2010 and actually booked the flight to Contadora.

Unfortunately we never made it, due to plane flight schedule changes at the last moment.

The cost of the tickets is ridiculously expensive after you add all taxes and fuel surcharges.

So we were looking forward to use the ferry, and now we know the ferry is not available.

Please provide me with Judi (the travel agent) email address and maybe she will be able to help us.

Thank you ahead of time for help.

Benjamin.

edmonton
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

I had emailed them earlier in Janaury and they said they were not offering anything. Just got an email this morning... here is what it says.

We are going to start offering ferry service on February 04.

Schedule;

Departing Amador Las Brisas on the Causeway 8:30 AM. Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

(check in time 7:45)

Arriving Contadora/Saboga 10:00 AM

Departing Contadora/Saboga 3:00 PM

Arriving Amador Las Brisas on the Causeway 4:30 PM.

Fares;

Round Trip

Adult $70+ tax

Child $50+ tax

Your payment will be received in cash. If you're still interesting in our services, let us know all the details of passengers.

If you have any other questions feel free to email us or call at the

number below.

Sea Las Perlas Reservations Department

info@sealasperlas.com

507- 6780-8000

Mount Vernon...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

Thanks for everyone’s input.

My wife & I already purchased plane tickets on Aeroperlas and will be on Contadora Island from February 18 through the 26th.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service

hey Teddawn! That's great news! thank you so much for the information.

I will definitely book with them once we get to Panama on Feb 12. Thanks again!

Reply to: Has anyone tried Sea Las Perlas S. A. ferry service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Contadora Island