We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling and Diving in Contadora

Which Contadora Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling and Diving in Contadora

Can anyone give me some info on snorkeling and diving in Contaora? We are staying at Hotel Galleon. Is there a dive shop at the hotel (or nearby?) Is there decent shore diving/snorkeling? Does anybody know avg visibility and/or water temp? ANY info would be much appreciated!

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling and Diving in Contadora

Darlyne, I am considering a visit to Panama in Spring 2006 and Contadora is on my list of places to learn about. You didn't mention when you were going but I found some execellent information about the whole country in Lonely Planet's book on Panama. You can find it in any major bookstore and I highly recommend it. P.S. Playa Galeon is apparently known for its fantastic snorkeling, but it doesn't say anything about diving. From what I've read, visability may have more to do w/ the time of year you go rather than the actual site (I'm just brainstorming here). I would think, however, if the snorkeling is good at Galeon, the diving shouldn't be bad. Good luck! clh409

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling and Diving in Contadora

Gabriel has a dive and snorkeling shop Coral Reef (he gives you a DVD of your trip as part of the voyage) next to Conatdora Island Inn's welcome shop and interet stop at the air strip. It overlooks Punta Galeon. We used Teresa and Marko for shorkeling and they were fabulous and very attentive to those who needed assistance. Conatdora Island Inn was a great place to stay, although not on a beach.

3. Re: Snorkeling and Diving in Contadora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 20, 2009