We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

We booked a room through their website a couple of weeks ago and did receive an email confirmation but they have not responded to our emails and I can't get through on the phone. I am getting concerned that they have already closed but haven't shut down their website. Does anyone know the status of this hotel? Please help!

Maryland
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

I just booked with them yesterday, and also have a confirmation email, but they haven't responded to my personal emails either. My credit card has not been charged the 30% booking fee, so I have the same concern as you. It looks like someone recently stayed there (there is a review from July 9), so I'm hopeful that they are open and just don't check email often.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

i know they're closing, but i don't know when. by now charlie should have opened his new restaurant. it is next to the police station and across from the clinic. his chef will be andre from el suizo, since gerald took it back. so, the food will be excellent!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

Well, I hope they aren't closing before the Christmas holidays, because it would suck to have to sleep outside. We've got our flights booked. I hope that we hear back from them soon. Their website it still up and running and taking reservations.

Panama, Rep. Panama
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

They still open, and the hotel still nice and clean, but they can be better with a small pool. we went last week after book by phone 2504067.

good lucks,

Maryland
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

Thanks. I'm wondering if they may be closing in January. There website will not allow any dates after December 31 to be booked.

Maryland
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

FYI to anyone interested - Villa Romantica is still open. I just called today and talked to Charlie very briefly. He said, no problem, it's open. To call from the US, you have to dial 011 507 250 4067. The first few times I tried, I got a busy signal (or something of the sort with a recorded message in Spanish). Later in the day the call went through fine.

7. Re: Villa Romantica - Is it still open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 29, 2009