We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to take a taxi from the train station in Colon to the Shelter Bay Marina, which I believe is on the opposite sdie of the bay, Are water taxis or ferrys an option also.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

There are no water taxis or ferries. You'll have to take a taxi from the train station. You shouldn't have any trouble getting one. Unfortunately, I have no idea how much they would charge for the trip.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

It is actually a bit of a hike, plus there may be a delay in crossing over the locks.

I would guess it would be at least a $10 taxi ride, maybe $15, most likely no fare at the marina for the druver to return with.

Shlelter Bay is nice, just isolated, maybe a good thing, the canal offers a good buffer between it and the city of Colon.

Edited: 3:37 pm, September 13, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
15,569 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

This says $18 from Shelter Bay - shelterbaymarina.com/services/transportation…

Edited: 6:17 pm, September 13, 2013
4. Re: Getting from Colon train station to Shelter Bay Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 15, 2014