We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel/resort with kids?

Which Colon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
248 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hotel/resort with kids?

I had originally planned to stay at Decameron. We usually stay at all inclusive places. We will be there for 2 weeks. We would like to spend about half of our time lounging around in the pool and around the hotel. My children (ages 4 and 13)love the snacks and drinks at the all inclusive places. The other half of the time, we would like to see the sites. I understand that most of the sites are a long ways from the Decameron. Is there another resort that mite have a nice pool and snacks/meals handy that isn't too pricey? I guess we are just spoiled and may be asking too much. We usually travel to the all inclusives in Mexico.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel/resort with kids?

Problem is there is not a lot of choices for resorts that are all inclusive in Panama(in my opinion that's a good thing).

After spending a week at the beach why not spend the second week in Panama City. The El Panama hotel has a great pool and great location. You will be close to the canal, Casco Viejo, Amador causeway ect..

You will be within a 15 minutte taxi ride, instead of a two hour bus ride from Decameron(each way).

There are also coutless grocieries within walking distance of the El Panama to buy snacks for the kids.

When at Decameron, enjoy the beach, take a trip to El Valle but wait until you stay in PC to hit the sights there. It will save you a lot of winsheild time.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
248 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel/resort with kids?

Thanks that sounds great. I had considered Country Inn for part of my stay. How does that compare to El Panama Hotel? Are there any tours that are not kids friendly? I've heard Colon isn't very safe also. Should I just avoid it? Thanks.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel/resort with kids?

The Country Inn would be a good choice, have not stayed there but been by it, looks like the ones in the States, great view of the canal, has a pool, seems to get mediocre reviews but nothing too bad.

It is in the Amador Causeway area, not a bad place to stay with kids, there is a small aquarium a short taxi ride away down the causeway, kids would like it.

The area would be much quieter than the El Panama area.

Nothing in Colon other than shopping at the free trade zone, other than the fortified trade zone Colon is not safe. Don't let it stop you from visiting the surrounding areas though - Portobello, Fort San Lorenzo on the Chagres river, both are very interesting.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
248 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel/resort with kids?

Thanks. I made my reservations for Country Inn for the first week. Than Gamboa for 2 nights. Then Decameron for the rest of the trip. What tours are good for the kids? We deffinately want to visit the Embera Indians, but don't have anything else planned yet. Recommendations would be great.

Thanks.

5. Re: hotel/resort with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 20, 2009