We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Bocas via Panama City

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Bocas via Panama City

I am flying Air Panama to Bocaas from Panama City in September, and I had a few questions:

1) Is the Aeropuerto Marcos A Gelbert the same as the Albrook Airport?

2) How early should I arrive before my flight ( I assume 1 hour...)

3) There is a 25 lb weight limit for luggage per person- can you only take 1 bag or can you have several bags that total 25 lbs?

Thanks!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Bocas via Panama City

Hi -

1) Yes the airport is the same - Marcos A. Gelbert is who the airport is named for but its located at Albrook. Sort of like everyone knowing one of the airports here in DC as "National" even though it is now named for Ronald Reagan.

2) One hour is plenty. 45 minutes is OK too as long as you already have your reservation paid for. There is a little snack bar in the airport but not much else to do except watch small planes take off once every so often.

3) I believe its 25 lbs total. Its a weight requirement because the plane is quite small - you'll see. They don't care if you have 25 1lb bags but you can't have more than 25.

Hope this helps and have a great trip.

2. Re: Flying to Bocas via Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 12, 2009