We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight restrictions on Aeroperlas

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weight restrictions on Aeroperlas

Can anyone tell me what the weight restrictions are on Aeroperlas to Bocas? I couldn't find it on the website. We are going diving, and would like to plan on what we can take.

Thanks

Marcia

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weight restrictions on Aeroperlas

I don't think there are weight restrictions, but you pay for anything over 25 pounds. We were only a few pounds overweight and they charged us. I think it was about fifty cents per pound.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weight restrictions on Aeroperlas

Thanks for the info. My gear weighs 25 lbs. So if I dive naked I guess we're okay.

:)

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weight restrictions on Aeroperlas

We were told there was a 25lb/person weight restriction. If you arrive at the time they advise for checking in, you should have no problem getting your gear on and paying any extra overage charges. If you are late arriving for check-in, I saw several people on each of our flights that were not able to have their luggage get on the same flight. The weight limit does not include whatever you carry on, so backpacks, fanny packes, purses, and anything else you want to carry (sometimes literally in your lap the whole flight) is a freebie.