We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many ways to travel?

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
How many ways to travel?

Hello All,

Will be traveling from Las Vegas, NV to Boquete, Panama next month.I read an article tha one could drive the Pan American Highway from the US to Panama. Does that make any sense at all? I have a diesel car so would diesel even be available?

Even though I'm retired, I doubt that I'll drive but I would like to know anyway. Also, I understand that I must fly from Panama City, to Boquete, no problem. Is that flight easy to book and does anyone know the cost?

Thanks.

Dylan

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How many ways to travel?

Let's say that you made it through Mexico alive.... You would have many other countries to pass through with their own issues. Fly!

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many ways to travel?

The drive from the US to Panama is certainly doable - you need lots of paperwork, time and a bit of Spanish would help going through all the borders...

As for flights - from Panama City you can either drive to Boquete which is between 6 and 7 hours or fly to David and then taxi/bus/rent a car for the 45 minutes to an hour drive up into the mountains. Expect delays on the road as they have begun working on making the road 4 lanes.

Flights are easy to book online and they run about $215 return - this changes each month as the price of fuel fluctuates but only by a couple of dollars. www.flyairpanama.com and www.aeroperlas are the two airlines and both have online booking that's easy to do.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

3. Re: How many ways to travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2011