We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

Madison, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Topic
Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

Hello. I am looking for an affordable way to get from Panama City to David. Has anyone taken the Overnight express bus? Is it safe? reliable? Is there a way to purchase tickets ahead of time or is that not necessary? Thanks for your help!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

Yes safe and reliable! I have taken it a couple of times. There is one that is nicer than the others, it is double decker and has movies. I dont know about buying ahead unless you are in person. You dont really need to unless there is some type of holiday like Semana Santas. The buses are all very comfortable but remember to bring a sweater or blanket because they crank the Air-Con to 11!

Port Charlotte...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

i took a bus from panama city to David about a week ago. It was a fairly modern bus but a little ragged. not bad though and comfortable with the usual smellies hanging from the chandeliers. I saw some nicer buses on the road though.

just a word of advice. When you go into the Albrook terminal in Panama do not allow youself to get hustled into the first David bus company as there are several. Also, bone up on your Spanish.

I stayed in two hotels in David. The better one was the Alcala. I wouldn't give it a 5 star rating but for $29.00 it has great wifi on the first *second* floor and it is clean, not ratty, and hot water, and the people are nice here.

I returned to David on a Friday.. The taxi driver told me that he could not go to my other hotel (forgot the name) because the park was blocked off because of a festival. thank you for that. I thought that he was lying to me but he was right. The festival was just great and a highlight of my stay here. The park is a pleasure.

Louis

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

I find "Terminales David-Panamá" and Padafront to be OK. I would always recommend the "expresos" because the other ones stop way to many times to make the trip bearable...

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

HI since you went a week ago on the bus can you tell me the current price?? We are going in July. Thank you.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

The poster said he went a week ago, but it was posted in MARCH - quite a while ago. Perhaps someone else will answer, but buses are relatively cheap here.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

oops thanks didn't even look at the date of his post...:)

7. Re: Overnight express bus from Panama City to David

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 19, 2010