We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need directions from Battery Park to Jeremy's Ale House

Georgia
14 posts
Save Topic
need directions from Battery Park to Jeremy's Ale House

My family will be in NY for Thanksgiving and we have reservations to go to the SOL and EI for Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving. I have read great reviews about Jeremy's Ale House and thought that might be a good place eat lunch once we're done, but I cannot figure out how to get there from Battery Park. Is there a subway stop, is it within walking distance, or should we take a cab? We wanted to spend the afternoon in Chinatown and Little Italy shopping so maybe Jeremy's would be out of the way? If so, what would be a good restaurant (cheap) for lunch?

Thanks! DW

New York
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need directions from Battery Park to Jeremy's Ale House

ahhhh, Jeremy's Ale House. Brings back memories of my early drinking days. Never had lunch there though. You could walk it as it is only about a mile and I certainly would. Follow Water Street till you get to the South Street Seaport. You might want to walk around this area a bit as it is a nice spot. Jeremy's Ale House is located on 228 Front Street, a block parallel to the seaport. map it on google maps if u like.

chinatown / little italy is only 10-15 minutes from the seaport on foot. get back on water street and keep going straight under the brooklyn bridge and 3 blocks later voila, chinatown. enjoy

Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need directions from Battery Park to Jeremy's Ale House

THanks for the directions! However, I'm a little concerned about your "drinking days" comment. Would Jeremy's be an appropriate place to take my daughters - two young girls, ages 14 and 10?

3. Re: need directions from Battery Park to Jeremy's Ale House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Astoria