We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December camping in Swakopmund

Which Swakopmund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, South...
1 post
Save Topic
December camping in Swakopmund

Hi

We are looking for a nice camping site in Swakopmund. Alte Brucke is fully booked. Can you recomed me another good and tidy campsite in Swakopmund?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December camping in Swakopmund

Alte Brucke is the nicest, but then as you have seen it gets booked up pretty early for holiday season.

Your other options would be Mile 4 Caravan Park www.mile4skwp.com which on the way out of Swakop towards Henties Bay.

Sophia Dale is very nice, roughly 10 kms out of Swakop on the Windhoek Road www.sophiadale.org

Neither are particularly central, but if I had to choose I would go for Sophia Dale.

It might be worth seeing if you can get into a backpackers instead if you want to be in Swakopmund for a budget price. Villa Wiese and Dunedin Star are good value.

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Swakopmund, Namibia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December camping in Swakopmund

The best camping in Swakopmund is Desert Sky Backpackers Lodge. It is

between 200 and 400 meters from the sea and centre of town. Send e-mail to talital@iway.na for info and photos.

3. Re: December camping in Swakopmund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 13, 2014