We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living desert tour-hotel Swakopmund

belgium
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
living desert tour-hotel Swakopmund

We would like to do the living desert tour in Swakopmund. Is there much difference between the organisations that offer this tour (Tommy's, desert explorers, living desert adventures, etc)?

Through our tour company in Belgium a reservation has been made at the Sea Side Hotel in Swakopmund. So far I haven't found any reviews of this hotel. Does anyone know what this hotel is like?

Swakopmund Fat Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ground Rush Adventures
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Skydiving, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Turnstone Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Desert Tracks
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Norfolk
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: living desert tour-hotel Swakopmund

When we planned our trip to Namibia unfortunately we could not get on Tommys Tours because he was dealing with overseas film crews on the date we needed to do it. They put us on to Living Desert Adventures, a company run by somebody who was trained by Tommy (as we were told). I would imagine both tours are very similar, but no doubt their respective websites will tell you exactly what is on offer. My husband went on the latter tour being picked up at Swakopmund Hotel at 8am and being returned about 1.00pm ish. Hope this helps.

2. Re: living desert tour-hotel Swakopmund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 02, 2010