We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swakopmund in Winter

Which Swakopmund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Centurion...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swakopmund in Winter

Myself and family (2 young children aged 7 and 10) will be staying in Swakop in July. I heard the mist only settles after 11 in the mornings. Will we still be able to do adventure stuff like sandboarding, quads, fishing etc in the afternoons?

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swakopmund in Winter

There was some strange weather this year. I'm from the north of england and couldn't help but think of all the lovely warm termals, hats and gloves I'd left behind! We went out on a boat with Molo Molo from Walvis Bay and had a great time but it was cold and cloudy. That said by the time we had lunch up on the dunes it was slap on the sun cream time! All in all we had a great day just dress for everything the weather might throw at you. When we drove down to the coast from up-country we could see the fog bank sitting off the coast and it didn't move for the three days we were there. A word of warning to all trip advisor members though. The indoor olympic pool was advertised as heated but even we only managed three lengths with our daughter!

Centurion...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swakopmund in Winter

Thanks for the reply, I still need to know if the fog generally clears from midday onwards as I am lead to believe?

3. Re: Swakopmund in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 13, 2009