We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years eve in Essaouria

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
New years eve in Essaouria

Hi,

Me and my wife are planning a trip to Morocco in December,We plan to do a half and half in Essaouira and Marrakech. It is a 10 day trip and we are thinking where to be in during the new years eve. Flying to Morroco via Marrakech on 28th of December and flying out of there on the 7th of January.

Please share your views.

Cheers,

Sarthak

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

Hi,

Marrakech is likely to be livelier on New Years eve. You should book your accommodation asap though as it is one of the busiest times of the year here.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,108 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

5 nights in Essaouira might be too much - especially in December when the weather can be bad so not really a time to just chill at the beach.

Usually we tell people to slow down as they try to cram too many destinations into one trip but you could actually benefit from visiting more places.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

Thanks for your response. Can you help me out with a possible places to visit during the 10 day stay there. Ideally i would be targetting 2 or 3 places. In your view places that will have a good weather and more chances of sun ( I know its unpredicatbale ) but a mix of Marrakech and perhaps one of the beach places with good weather. Going further south is not a problem , so your suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Sarthak

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,108 posts
128 reviews
4. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

the further south you go, the more likely to find good weather but nowhere is guaranteed to be sunny in December. Agadir and then places like Mirleft further south are worth a look perhaps.

Maybe consider spending some time in Atlas Mountains? Although it will be definitely cold up there but the winter scenery can be stunning

California
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

I was in Fez a few years ago on New Years Eve and there was no celebration evident, though I did not seek it out. I always plan to spend a day or two in Ess and end up spending five but, if this was a first visit to Morocco, I might spend three and have a mini experience at another town.

Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
6. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

My boyfriend and I celebrated New Year's Eve near Zagora last year. Camel or 4x4 ride to the desert. Climbed the dunes to watch the sunset, delicious four course dinner, music and dancing around a bonfire until midnight, very nice private tent accommodations, and delicious breakfast buffet the next morning. About 50 guests and very friendly staff. My parents, boyfriend and I will be in Merzouga this New Year's Eve. Asgas Amayno!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
7. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

Can I ask how you ended up spending NY in Morocco. We were there last year but disappointed in ours (mandatory dinner at the Riad we stayed in - VERY expensive for what it was). We usually start with a few days in Marrakesh but we love Essaouira (have been 5 times in 12 years) and plan to spend New Year there again so recommendations welcome. We also visited for the 1st time last year the Atlas mountains and while cold at night (and chillier than Ess or Marrakesh during the day) it was certainly warm enough to lie out till 3ish. Definite recommend. Thanks, Trish

8. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:49 pm, July 09, 2015
Luton, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

Touting reported - #8

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: New years eve in Essaouria

Essaouira is a wonderful place to spend your NYE, as you can spend any other time in it, just Essaouira is a very small chilling town, might be windy sometimes but that's fine compare to its charm and beauty from people, culture and all it has to offer.

so for places there is night life places in Essaouira checking attractions and things to do tabs.

Marrakech, the Desert are other places to enjoy and spend your NY.

Get answers to your questions about Essaouira